Wednesday, October 1, 2014

To the media blasting

During the spring and summer I little by little tore Snowback apart. In the beginning of September she was finally all undressed and ready to be delivered to media blasting. This time a combined set of soda and sandblasting was chosen to be the method. I will keep the car rolling as long as possible and replace the sheet metal where ever I can until proceeding to the areas that need the suspension to be removed. The hood, doors and front fenders were left to storage 'as is'. I do not have enough dry storage to keep them on bare metal so I'll have them blasted later.

A couple of shots at the time of delivery of the shell.






We agreed with the blaster that there is "no hurry" with this case in order to keep the cost reasonable. Snowback has been four weeks there now and when I checked last time a week ago, they had not even started yet. OK. It's "no hurry" but I would appreciate getting her back as soon as possible. Or at least I would appreciate a schedule for the job. God, give me patience, but please give it fast !


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Alex ! Blasting costs a lot but pays off with less dirt and smoke later.

      Delete